Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I-N-S-P-I-R-E... Find Out What It Means to Me


What Inspires Me?

That is the question I've been pondering all day.  I thought about it while I was in the shower this morning, while I waited for the technician at the auto shop (the car's been on the fritz) and while I made bean soup for dinner.  All day I kept coming up with the same answer...everything and anything has the potential to inspire me.   Which is true, you never really know where inspiration will come from until it shows up.  Right?

But, I think I'm meant to come up with something more specific.  So I decided to look at the inspiration for the artwork that has been tugging at me.  Why do I want to make those particular pieces of artwork?  What do they look like in my head? 

Mixed Media Paintings

Layers of Color -- Blue and Green; Sienna, Ochre and Cream;
Red Oxide and Taupe

Texture -- Layers of Paint; Torn Paper and Crinkled Tissue; Found Objects

Images -- Vintage Photos and Illustrations of People, Animals and Insects; Houses and Barns

Stories of People and Places, Dreams and Realities.


What inspires you?




Thank you for joining me on my journey dear friends.

Hugs,
Susan



3 comments:

  1. Paper, old paper. Dolls old dolls and kind hearts.
    these things top the list of inspiration for me.
    It really makes a difference in my day and wanting to create when someone is kind to me.
    This is why I try to be as kind as possible to all I meet. You just never know if it is what they needed to get thru their day.
    Take Care
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy has a very good point in her comment, kindness does encourage us..it inspires us to be better people.
    My inspiration comes out of the blue most of the time and there really is no explaination for it. It seems to be an elusive thing, the more you look for it, the harder it is to find.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm inspired by vintage goodies and ephemera...and I'm always inspired when I visit blogs! Your header is so lovely...

    ReplyDelete